Natural Beauty hints and tips:
- Use talc on your hands when plaiting long hair. It cleans the hair of
excess oil and means your hands will not stick and pull the hair.
- Fresh cold cucumber is good for softening bags under the eyes- leave on
for ten minutes.
- A white of an egg tightens the skin before that big party. An egg yolk
- Milk painted on under the eyes helps bags and dark rings.
- Yogurt is a good face mask.
- Use lemon juice in the final rinse for blonde hair and rosemary placed in
boiling water or vinegar (not spirit vinegar) for a few minutes as a rinse for dark hair.
- 250g Baking soda added to a bath is good for body odors and helps skin
irritation. If you are tired 1 tbls of cloudy ammonia can do wonders
in a bath.
- Place nail polishes in the fridge- they go on better and last longer.
- Treat brittle hair with coconut oil. Rub in and leave for as long as
- Use aqueous cream as a cleanser for sensitive skin, it is good enough for
- Technical oil is great for cleaning your face and softening skin. Use for
baby too, much cheaper than the commercial brands.
- Run a pencil up the teeth of a zipper that sticks.
- To firm up buttocks walk backward up the stairs, to tone thigh and bottom
muscles take stairs two at a time.
- To get an even suntan eat lots of carrots and apricots for the month
before you start tanning.
- Use damp cotton wool to apply toner. Good toners are rose water with
glycerine for dry skin, with witch hazel or vodka for oily. Add around a
teaspoonful to a bottle of rose water.
- Use avocado and lemon peels on your elbows or knees for cleansing and
- Save pieces of toilet soap in a wide rimmed jar melt and add 50 ml lemon
juice and 200ml glycerine to each 500ml of soap for a luxury moisturizing
- An anti wrinkle treatment is to use the juice of 3-4 lemons strained and
brought to boiling point added to equal parts olive oil and a few drops Eau
de Cologne. Massage into the skin at night.
- Apply a piece of ice to your newly applied lipstick and you will not leave
lipstick marks on a glass.