Household hints and tips for Animals, insects and pests
- Ants dislike yeast and treacle. put it down where they are and in 10 days
they will go. Talcum powder sprinkled where ants are prevalent encourages them
to leave. Whole cloves also are disliked by ants. Soak pantyhose in paraffin and
wrap round the bark of an afflicted tree
- To stop ants eating your pet food, put the food bowl into a bigger bowl
and fill with the outer bowl with water.
- Ants dislike chalk so use a piece to draw a line and stop them crossing
it. Must be a thick line.
- Cockroaches will feast on oatmeal mixed with plaster of Paris and die.
This is a remedy which is very friendly to the enviroment. They also do not
like boracic acid sprinkled around.
- Fly poison- one part finely ground black pepper and two parts brown sugar dissolved
in milk. Flies do not like sweet peas in a room, so plant masses around the
house. Cloves also repel them
- Fish Moths oil:
Use 18 drops of lavender
oil 16 drops oil of
16 drops of oil of
8 drops oil of camphor
Mix all together with 375ml turpentine and sprinkle on to cottonwood. place where fish moths