- Ferro- Ian Peake: personalized service. Ian will visit small
potters to give advice. A big company that cares for the little people.
- Pick and pay will provide you with a incorrectly priced bar
coded product free and the second purchase is at the correct price. Insist
- Pentatravel, after Flghtcentre what a pleasure to deal with
people who cared. Six people who will go there again.
- Chocolate Den, for giving gifts to loyal customers and for never being
too busy to give good solid advice.
- Outsurance doubles earnings.Their
claims ratio - a measure of claims as a percentage of net premium income, although
increasing 3% to 57%, is still below the industry average.
(i)Outsurance-horrid experience with a lightning strike in
which the Outsurance accused the homeowner of fraud. The Ombudsman could not
rule either way because the evidence was verbal. The homeowner had to drop
the case because of the cost of serving a summons in Pretoria became too
involved and time consuming for the small amount involved.
(ii)Outsurance: An old lady had her beautifully looked after car
damaged by robbers. Outsurance wrote the car off after their chosen panel
beaters quoted R6000 for repairs. The settlement given was
R3500 for a 1981 Mazda 323. This price included R1000 for the radio.
- Belgotex Carpets. Corduroy, coral silk carpet marks with
certain shoe rubbers. Belgotex says " light carpets do this.".
Our advice, get a sample of the carpet and place in a busy door way for a
week before deciding on the purchase. Exercise caution in buying carpets, stain
proof does not mean the carpet does not mark. Light industrial does not
mean that it is suitable for homes.
- Flightcentre- three phone calls and two complaints on the
web page were not enough to get a call back from a travel consultant.
Obviously too busy to deal with the general public.
- Flightcentre-messed up two journeys
overseas, causing us to have a really bad time in Egypt because they did not
let us know that we had new vouchers from Egypt Air who had cancelled our
flight due to overbooking.
- Hyperama- Checkers/ Shoprite. bar-coded prices are not
accurate. Buyers please check them careful.
- Shoprite/Checkers bar coding- there are many complaints of
the attitudes of Shoprite Checkers on the bar coding issues and treatment of
- Hyperfoam Factory Shop: A natural sleep mattress left indentation marks
and Zoobi promised to deal with the complaint. On phoning the customer found
out the complaint had not been given. To date nothing has been done, this on
a mattress with a 20 yr guarantee.
- Pick and Pay Lambton: they try to get out of giving you a incorrectly
bar coded item free-we have three complaints about this in one week- bad
- Bonita's medical aid. People who earn more pay more, who have more than
one child pay more- but the benefits are the same despite the extra cost-